It is that time of year in Fort Worth, Texas, and we know it because:
- The force compels us to stop by the Vending Nut Company for mounds of pecans, pepitas and more.
- We are sad we missed the Parade of Lights – didn’t get the memo about the date change.
- Can you say, Turkey Trot? Wear your rain gear and rubber running shoes this year we are in for a wet one.
- We are chilly and inside by the fireplace loaded with pinon pine but with our definition of cold weather anyone living outside of Texas would be wearing shorts and a sweatshirt and wondering why the heat is on.
- Football, football, and more football. At our house, we play “spud”.
- Of course we will eat pie; it is a matter of what type. Pecan, yes?
- Making cornbread for the stuffing.
- On Ashland, it is time to get the holiday outdoor lights hung.
- Sundance Square, Christmas Tree and photos with Santa.
- Deadlines, Smedlines.
- Trips to DFW Airport
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- The smell of turkey roasting and the sound of the cat meowing.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (again).
Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday, start making your traditions, and for each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything thy goodness sends – Ralph Waldo Emerson