1. Whale sighting off the bridge of a B.C. Ferry from Victoria to Vancouver.
2. A dining experience at Hawksworth in Vancouver — the chef elevated the simplest of foods to a higher level. Smoked carrots are divine.
3. Sleeping without the a/c running and outdoor life without the heat and humidity and it is August, right?
4. Views of Whistler mountain and surroundings – Wow!
5. Fireworks over English Bay celebrating BC Day with Canadians.
6. Pride parade in Vancouver.
7. Munching on Rainier cherries from Granville Island Market.
8. Tree top walks through Capilano.
9. Learning about Emily Carr and her art, writings and life. Many similarities to Kahlo and O’Keefe.
10. The openness and warmness of BC citizens from the airline, restaurant, hotel, ferry, and tourist attraction staff — we had just a grand time.